French vineyards make the most OWC's by far. Depending on the region of France you'll get a few different sizes. Bordeaux for instance is the world leader of large wine crates that hold 12 bottles of wine, but Burgundy and Rhone make the most wine boxes that hold 6 bottles. French wineries have an old world look and style.
Italian vineyards come in second as far as the amount of vineyards that make them. Italy is also from the old world. Your going to see mostly 6 bottle wine boxes from here.
Every other country is from the new world. My personal new world favorite is Napa Valley. No other place produces wine boxes with such high detail and intricate designs.
Below is a breakdown of the types of crates you'll typically find within these countries and their respective regions:
- Bordeaux: Large 12 Bottle Crates & Magnum 6 Bottle Boxes
- Burgundy: Medium 6 Bottle Boxes & Large 12 Bottle Crates
- Rhone: Medium 6 Bottle Wine Boxes (Generally Chateauneuf Du Pape)
- Sauternes: Large 24 1/2 Bottle Crates (These are rare - 22" L X 10" W X 8 1/2" H)
- Italy: Medium 6 Bottle Boxes & Single Bottle Crates
- Mediterranean Vineyards: Medium 6 Bottle Boxes, 3 and 6 Bottle Flats & Single Bottle Crates
- Napa and US Vineyards: Medium 6 Bottle Boxes and Flat 6 Bottle Cases
- South America: 6 Bottle Wine Boxes, 6 Bottle Flats & Single Bottle Crates
- Australia: 6 Bottle Wine Boxes